I remeber playing my first Nintendo Game: Super Mario. It was fun! Now Nintendo is making the DS Lite Pink which brings you all the powerful, portable fun of the original DS but in a lighter, slimmer design with brighter screens and improved battery life. It weighs 60g less and is just two thirds of the original size.
Nintendo DS brings multiple features together to deliver cutting-edge games for fans of every genre. Pit your wits and test your skills against other players everywhere – from the other side of the room to the other side of the world.
Nintendo DS revolutionizes the way games are played. With dual screens and touch-screen technology, wireless communication and built-in PictoChat software you have the power to draw, write and send messages wirelessly.
The two back-lit LCD screens offer groundbreaking gameplay advances. Each screen can reproduce a true 3D view, with impressive 3D renderings. The lower screen offers touch-screen capabilities so you no longer have to rely on just buttons to move your character or shift perspectives. Navigate menus or access inventory items simply by touching the screen with a stylus or fingertip.
You can connect with a local wireless network of up to 16 players. The wireless range can be an incredible 30 to 100 feet. Stereo speakers allow for virtual surround sound and a plug for headphones transmits stereo sound. Nintendo DS features a separate media port for Game Boy Advance cartridges (can only be played in a single-player mode).
Nintendo DS Lite features
- Size (closed): 133 millimeters (5.2 inches) wide, 73.9 millimeters (2.9 inches) long, 21.5 millimeters (0.85 inches) tall.
- Top Screen: A backlit, 3-inch, transmissive TFT color LCD with 256 x 192 pixel resolution and .24 mm dot pitch, capable of displaying 260,000 colors.
- Touch Screen: Same specs as top screen, but with a transparent analog touch screen.
- Wireless Communication: IEEE 802.11 and Nintendo’s proprietary format; wireless range is 30 to 100 feet, depending on circumstances; multiple users can play multiplayer games using just one DS game card.
- Controls: Touch screen, embedded microphone for voice recognition, A/B/X/Y face buttons, plus control pad, L/R shoulder buttons, Start and Select buttons. The stylus is 1 centimeter longer and 2 millimeters thicker than the stylus of the original Nintendo DS.
- Input/Output: Ports for both Nintendo DS game cards and Game Boy Advance game paks, terminals for stereo headphones and microphone. A removable cover for the Game Boy Advance game pak slot provides added protection from dust and other foreign materials.
- Other Features: Embedded PictoChat software that allows up to 16 users within local range of one another to chat at once; embedded real-time clock; date, time and alarm; touch-screen calibration.
- CPUs: One ARM9 and one ARM7.
- Sound: Stereo speakers providing virtual surround sound, depending on the software.
- Battery: Lithium ion battery delivering five to 19 hours of play on up to a three-hour charge, depending on use; power-saving sleep mode; AC adapter.
- Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian.
Pricing and availability info
Nintendo DS Lite cost £97 and it is available at Johnlewis.com