I want to buy a smartphone. My first choice was a Blackberry but the battery life is really short. A friend of mine has one and the battery dies after 2 days. I want the battery to last for at least 5 days, so now I’m considering the Nokia E71.
The phone has all I need: 3.2 MP Camera, 3G, Media Player, GPS Navigation, Free Voice Navigation, Wi-Fi, and MicroSD Slot.
The qwerty keyboard is a big plus because I don’t like touch screens.
Nokia E71 is as stylish as it is functional. It has a big screen and with the keyboard it is easy to answer/write emails and keep updated with what is happening.
A good phone for browsing and social media as well as for business purposes.
I want to use it for my small business and for fun too. The 18 hours of music playback sound great for music and audiobooks.
Also the GPS which comes with the maps of 180 countries is a big plus.
Nokia E71 Technical Specifications
- Music playback file formats: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, AMR-NB, WMA
- FM radio 87.5-108 MHz with RDS support
- Video playback file formats: .mp4, AVC/H.264, .wmv, RV, Flash Video, H.263/3GPP
- Video streaming: .mp4, AVC/H.264, .wmv, RV, Flash Video, H.263/3GPP
- Video recording file formats: .mp4 – default (VGA, QVGA) or .3gp (QCIF for MMS)
- 3.5 mm Nokia audio connector
- Micro-USB connector supports charging; USB PictBridge printing
- Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- UPnP support
- Support for PC synchronization with Nokia PC Suite 7.1 (preinstalled) and Nokia Ovi Suite
- E-mail supported protocols: IMAP4 (with idle), Nokia Messaging, Microsoft ActiveSync, POP3, SMTP
- Support for Nokia Messaging service, Mail for Exchange, Lotus Notes Traveler
I like the phone but I haven’t decided if I will get it unlocked or I will opt for a monthly plan to get it cheaper.